If you’re in the market to sell your home, remember to avoid the following five mistakes:
1. Not getting your home ready. Be sure to declutter, deep clean, and stage your home. You only get one chance to make a first impression!
2. Not allowing showings. Buyers shop on their schedule, meaning after work and on the weekends. Be prepared to allow all showings.
3. Getting too emotional during the negotiation. Yes, it is your home, but during the negotiation, it’s the focus of a a business transaction. The clear mind gets the best deal.
4. Overpricing your property. Buyers are educated; they know what the neighbor’s home sold for by searching on the internet. Buyers also shop by comparison, looking at three to five homes before deciding on the best deal. The home that’s priced correctly sells for the most money.
5. Picking the wrong Realtor. Pick the Realtor who has a proven marketing program that exposes your home to the world. Pick the Realtor who has a team to support them so that all of your questions are answered immediately. Pick the one with experience because with experience comes the art of negotiating and getting you the absolute best deal.
If you have any more questions, reach out to us here at the Les Walden Real Estate Team. We’ll be happy to help you.